Monday 9 November 2009


A DYEING DAY IN JUNE.... Back in June this year I set to dyeing and spinning the Cotswold fleece I had from Cath at the Derbyshire Guild. It was a lovely sunny day just right for getting the fleece dry outdoors. My colour choice was mainly down to what dyes I had left in my stash and I was feeling in a pink/blue mood. I know I should be thinking it through a bit more rather than just using colours that take my fancy. But that's how I have been since Reece died, in fact I have not worked through or thought out any of my projects this year. I have just let them develop. Anyway back to the fleece, the colours that took my fancy turned out ok and I spun up 700 grams of yarn from it. The hanks of yarn hung in the conservatory for months, mainly because I just liked looking at them. Then I found this Elizabeth Zimmerman pattern from the 50's for a waistcoat on the Internet for $1.00 plus p&p. That worked out at about £4.75 UK money. While visiting my friend Maureen, and showing her the yarn and pattern she offered to knit it up for me....what a great offer, yes please I said. Maureen is a great knitter and quick, not like me, I am so slow. So now I have this lovely waistcoat just in time for the cold weather that has now arrived with November! I just want to say thank you Maureen for making the waistcoat for me I love it.

No comments: