Monday 9 November 2009

A NEW CAMERA... Back in June my husband Paul gave me a new camera for my birthday. How lucky was I to get a digital SLR Lumix G1 from him...xxxxx big kisses and big thank you to my man!
So I have been playing around with it and taking lots and lots and lots of pics. Then my friend Hazel told me about a photography workshop she had been on at Calke Abbey in Derbyshire run by Jean Napier and how good it was. So, I looked her up on the Internet and booked on her 'Intro to Close-up & macro photography' workshop. I spent a very informative day getting to know my camera and taking some great close-up shots. Jean runs some very good workshops in Derbyshire and Wales, check out her website on http://www.goingdigital.co.uk/
The rather odd shot of the centre of a gala melon looks a bit grisly in close-up I think. The shots of the Melon, glass beads and flower were achieved using a x4 close-up lens that I borrowed from a lady on the workshop. So after attending the macro course I went straight out and bought myself a set of close-up lenses and had great fun taking shots of (what my husband thinks is rubbish) all sorts of things in close-up! Like this one....of him indoors...his eye, showing the distinctive cholesterol rings around the outside of the brown iris.

No comments: